Customer Service officer Elgas Cairns
Job no: 498509
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: QLD - Other
Categories: Customer Service
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a customer service officer to join the customer service function in Cairns. This opportunity will allow you access into an organisation that will enable you to utilise your strong customer service ability and ultimately set you up on the road to your ideal career. We are on the search for an energetic individual who like to get stuck in and find solutions for their clients while having fun.
In this role you will:
- Be the main point of contact with customers (domestic and commercial), including but not limited to; establishing accounts, customer enquiries, processing orders and payments, advising customers on usage and delivery, selling and arranging installation of appliances and managing debtors;
- Be responsible for all administrative aspects of customer transactions, including but not limited to; filing, updating records, banking, correspondence, price adjustments and reconciling stock transactions;
- Be the main point of contact with suppliers, including but not limited to; processing creditor invoices, scheduling changes, stock level records and appliance stocktakes;
- Assist other functions within your branch, including but not limited to; monitoring and reporting to your manager on market and competitor activity, sales leads, feedback on marketing activities;
- Reconcile daily deliveries and adjust scheduling of drivers as required; and
- Assist other Branches in times of overflow.
To be successful in this position you will;
- Demonstrated relevant clerical, administrative experience;
- Have previous customer service experience is preferable but not necessary; however a good level of understanding, tolerance and common sense with people is essential;
- Have a highly developed verbal, telephone and written communication skills and the ability to liaise and consult with both internal, external clients and staff with a strong customer service focus;
- Have initiative, organisational skills and flexibility to operate in both a team environment and independently;
- Have the ability to prioritise, and effectively achieve deadlines;
- Have some knowledge of local area geography would be an advantage in a Regional branch;
- Have experience to identify and deal effectively with difficult situations and conflict;
- Have a sound and relevant computer and keyboard skills (including proficiency in data base entry);
- Be able to multi-task, share team responsibilities to maintain maximum monitoring level of prompt, efficient and courteous customer service; and
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of the LP Gas Industry, however training will be provided (Preffered).
Here at Elgas
We're local, with over 40 service centres around the country to ensure rapid supply and reliable delivery in virtually every area. Our customers get convenient 24/7 Online service for orders, payment and account information.
Elgas offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for outstanding individuals, including the possibility of career advancement opportunities with BOC and the global Linde Group.
We seek people who want to be part of a team that is proud of its product, its people and wants to provide customers with the best service in the industry.
If being part of a highly motivated team and operating in an autonomous environment, where you have ownership, accountability and challenges, is important to you, then you're on the right track with Elgas.
'Put your energy to work at Elgas'
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend