Account Manager - Scientific
Job no: 498426
Work type: Permanent Full Time
We are looking for a self-motivated team member to lead business development activity in the field of Analytical, Pharmaceutical and Bulk sector in VIC.
Reporting to the Business Manager – Specialised Markets you will provide technical support and deliver superior customer service, coupled with the acquisition and maintenance of profitable customer accounts. Typical customers include Universities, laboratories, mining, life science and food manufacturing.
Your duties will include;
- Developing and executing an area plan for the growth and development of the market sectors
- Support sales activities to win, retain and grow profitable customer business including managing prospective and existing customers
- Quoting and negotiating process, credit terms and other contractual terms
- Provide technical assistance to customers as required, in line with Product Service Offers
- Conduct process audits for customers as required, in line with Product Service Offers
- Provide technical training for customers as required, in line with Product Service Offers
- Drive improvement in the provision of products/services to customers
- Monitor and report competitive activity.
To be successful in this position you will;
- Be able to lead business development activity to win new business and grow existing accounts within our markets;
- Be experienced and have knowledge in the gas industry (Preferred but not essential)
- Have experience in contract negotiations;
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure we deliver on our customer promise;
- Be a highly motivated with the experience and drive to uncover all prospects within a territory and build strong professional relationships with both customers and internal partners;
Here at BOC
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we've introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits.
We're also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend