A rewarding opportunity has become available for a motivated HSE Advisor to join our BOC HSE Team based at North Ryde. This role is responsible for the implementation of local and Global HSE initiatives and as such pays a key role in enabling the HSE strategic plan. In addition to the successful candidate will provide HSE specific advice and support.
This role is hands-on requiring regular site visits to support Line Managers, State based HSE Teams in the development and implementation of HSE initiatives. Liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders will be key in ensuring that as a team we ensure that everyone goes home safely.
This role reports directly to the Head of HSE. As this role will enable and support all areas within the HSE framework it presents the perfect opportunity for the successful applicant to grow professionally within the HSE area.
You will be responsible for:
• Implementation and execution of projects to deliver improvement in HSE performance and processes
• Review of HSE data and identification/development of initiatives to improve the regions performance
• Ensure compliance with relevant internal and external standards/legislation through audits, task observations and liaison with other state based departments
• Coordinate, develop and deliver HSE Training across the region
• Contractor management support
• Traveling to various locations through-out the region will be required from time-to-time
To be successful you will need to have:
• Minimum 5+ years demonstrated experience working in a dynamic HSE or related environment
• Excellent communication, influencing skills and ability to network
• Project Management skills
• Ability to conduct Risk Assessments and participate in reviews
• Work as part of a team while also working autonomously when required
• Advanced MS Office functionality
• Familiarity with business process improvement techniques (Kaizan or 6 Sigma)
• Familiarity with Incident reporting software packages
• Trainer/Facilitator proven competencies
• First Aid Certificate
• Return to Work Case Management experience
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes for the role, please submit your application by COB 16th November 2018.