At this exciting time, BOC is looking for a motivated and experienced team member to take on the Technical Sales Specialist position, covering both the North and South of New Zealand. You will be joining our high performing team based in Penrose, Auckland.
We are looking for a self-motivated team member to work and lead account management and business development activities in the field of Medical Gas Services.
The opportunity offers and excellent remuneration package a base salary, incentive scheme, job facility car and business tools. In addition, we will provide in-depth training and support, giving you the confidence to know that all the hard work you put in is backed up by a world class organisation.
Your duties will include;
• Maintain an active pipeline of opportunities
• Commercialise new business wins consistent with the agreed terms
• Understand, monitor and report competitor activity and market trends
• Ensure customer value and confidence in BOC as a solutions provider is maintained by managing call cycle
• Increase profitability of your portfolio through effective price management and product solutions
• Overall management of service contracts
• Relationship management and reporting to customers
• Provide input to development and improvement of the medical gas services
• Ensure operations (project managers/contractors/service technicians) deliver results in line with customer expectations
• Raise the profile of BOC within the hospital engineering and healthcare services industry
• Liaise with Sales Management to ensure ongoing understanding of portfolio issues/opportunities
• Regularly attend and contribute to Sales and Operations Management meetings
• Attend, present and contribute at all National Sales Conferences
• Develop, update and maintain regular portfolio sales reporting
The successful candidate will have;
• Experience with medical gas systems, engineering, servicing or project management
• Understanding of the medical gas services industry, its drivers, players and market dynamics
• Minimum of 2-3 years technical sales management experience
• Demonstrated ability to deliver sales and profit goals
• Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of the Medical Gas Services team
• High level of personal motivation
• Ability to absorb technical information and present it succinctly in an educational forum
• Ability to and experience of planning and implementing product launches
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Strong business acumen
• A high degree of professionalism
• Willingness to travel interstate and overseas and work outside normal business hours in order to achieve objectives
• Well-developed personal time management/ personal planning skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Well-developed problem-solving skills
BOC is the leading provider of gases and related products, services and technical solutions in the South Pacific.
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Please submit your application by COB, 1st February 2019.