At BOC, we know that our people are our greatest asset and that’s why we’re always looking for energised, strong performing and self-motivated individuals who embody our values and have a passion for building new business, to take on the Gas Development Specialist position based at Penrose, Auckland.
You will be a part of an encouraging and supportive team within the Packaged Gas Products division working to build the small to medium pipeline of business stream. The role will see you predominately acquire new business and grow this space across the Auckland region.
This opportunity offers an excellent package; a base salary, superannuation, generous uncapped commission scheme, job facility vehicle and business tools. In addition, we will provide in-depth training and support to ensure your success.
Your key duties will include:
• Source business development opportunities to win new gas customers
• Design and implement business strategy plans to generate business growth and retain customers
• Generate leads with the utilisation of cold calling & internal / external sources
• Maintain and grow an active pipeline of opportunities
• Monitor and report market activity within your region
• Report on competitor account information within your territory
To be successful in this position you will:
• Take the initiative in cold calling and lead generation
• Confident to present our wide product and service range to potential customers
• A highly motivated individual with a drive to succeed & execute deals
• Excellent time management skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Previous sales experience would be highly regarded
• Relevant industry knowledge and experience would be beneficial
• High School Certificate or industry/trade qualifications desirable
• A good driving history and clean police record
• Flexibility with overnight stays at various locations
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. We achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we've introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits. We are also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Please submit your application by COB, 17th December 2018.