Gas & Gear Representative
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: QLD - Other
Job no: 498375
We are currently looking for a new member to join our friendly, hardworking team at Rockhampton Gas & Gear where we pride ourselves on providing excellent service. We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual who will thrive in our busy retail store. As part of our team, you will be responsible for promoting our full range of gases, welding and safety equipment to a diverse range of customers. This is a high-paced and varied role that will see you gain experience in all aspects of the Gas & Gear including customer service and sales.
Your key duties will include:
- Enjoy face to face customer interactions
- Create a professional environment to enhance the customer experience
- Maintain a clean, tidy and well merchandised selling environment
- Manage and resolve customer complaints in a timely manner
- Action queries and follow up to ensure resolution
- Display confidence and hunger in presenting our wide product and service range to our customers
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Physically be able to handle gas cylinders
- Have good computer skills with various systems - SAP would be beneficial
- Previous industrial retail sales experience would be highly regarded
- Industrial and safety equipment knowledge and experience would be beneficial
- Welding process knowledge and experience would be beneficial
Be willing to work Saturday mornings on a rotating shift, every second weekend (8.30am – 11.30am)
BOC have a reputation of being the experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We are a world leader in innovation and present a diverse range of products and services to the wider business community. BOC respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that’s why we’ve introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave and attractive superannuation benefits. We’re also firmly in the driver’s seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Applications close 4th November 2018
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend