Senior Tax Accountant
Job no: 498336
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Due to movement within Elgas, an exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated and experienced Senior Tax Accountant to join the team in North Ryde. Your primary responsibility will be working for Elgas, a major subsidiary of the BOC Group, supporting the BOC Tax Team with compliance activities.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the tax compliance, accounting and advice for Australia and New Zealand. You will also support the tax team in delivering various tax projects, process improvements and tax governance. Your role will be instrumental in delivering on the company’s compliance with tax legislation and tax advisory.
You will deliver various aspects of the preparation and management of business’ tax compliance including:
- Preparation of tax returns, including Excise, payroll tax, fringe benefits and income tax returns
- Preparation of Tax Effect Accounting and tax reporting requirements
- Assist in the review and analysis of monthly tax submissions, including preparation of commentary where required
- Review and analysis of quarterly tax submission, including preparation of commentary when required
- Liaising with external advisors and auditors as required in relation to tax compliance matters
- Proactively manage tax payments for business including PAYG and withholding tax
- Support the Financial Controller to develop and implement policy, procedures and systems in relation to all aspects of tax compliance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 + years corporate tax and advisory experience in corporate accounting or tax team
- CIMA, ACA, CPA, MBA (Finance) or other recognised accounting qualification
- Strong MS Excel skills and SAP experience
- Good working knowledge of tax preparation software Integrator
- High level of expertise with GST, FBT and payroll tax
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
Here at Elgas
Elgas is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and men of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
We're local, with service centres around the country to ensure rapid supply and reliable delivery in virtually every area. Our customers get convenient 24/7 Online Services for orders, payments and account information.
Elgas offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for outstanding individuals, including the possibility of career advancement opportunities with BOC and the global Linde Group.
We seek people who want to be part of a Team that is proud of its product, its people and wants to provide customers with the best service in the industry.
If being part of a highly motivated team and operating in an autonomous environment, where you have ownership, accountability and challenges, is important to you, then you're on the right track with Elgas.
'Put your energy to work at Elgas'
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend