Part Time Trade Counter Representative
Job no: 498142
Work type: Permanent Part Time
Categories: Retail, Sales
Are you looking for a new challenge where you will be part of a fresh team, committed to high performance?
Do you want to work with a great bunch of people who will help you do your job well? Do you want to work in a company where hard work is rewarded and there's room to grow with the business? If you have answered "yes", then making a fresh start with BOC in Virginia could be the move you need to put you on track to a great career.
This role will see you gain experience in all aspects of the Gas & Gear including customer service, sales, warehousing and distribution. It is a varied permanent part-time role that will see you working 21.25 hours per week plus a short day on Saturday, on a rotating roster. You will also be required to be available to work extra hours for holiday cover etc. If you have a degree of flexibility in your working hours you can also pick up extra shifts.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual who will thrive in our busy retail store where we pride ourselves on providing excellent service. As part of our team, you will be responsible for promoting our full range of gases, welding and safety equipment to a diverse range of customers.
Your key duties will include:
• providing excellent customer service
• phone and counter sales
• welding and product demonstrations
• promotion and upselling of new products and initiatives
• development and upkeep of in store displays and promotional material
• stock management
• dispatching and receiving goods
• safe manual handling of gas cylinders
To be successful in this position you will:
• enjoy face to face customer interactions
• display confidence in presenting our wide product and service range to our customers
• have excellent time management skills
• have excellent Verbal and written communication skills
• ideally have a current forklift license, but not essential
• industrial and safety equipment knowledge and experience would be beneficial
• welding process knowledge and experience would be beneficial (training will be given)
BOC have a reputation of being the experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We are a world leader in innovation and present a diverse range of products and services to the wider business community. BOC respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we've introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits. We're also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours.
Closing date 24th August 2018
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend