A rewarding opportunity has become available for a motivated HSE Advisor to join our BOC Operations Team based at Sockburn, Christchurch (preferable) or Penrose, Auckland to support the business functions across the whole of New Zealand. This role is very operational which requires regular site based activities to provide advisory support to line managers and site personnel for HSE initiatives. Liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders to support the delivery of a safe work environment is required on a day-to-day basis.
This role reports to the HSE Manager for New Zealand. As this is an advisory position there is an opportunity for the successful applicant to grow professionally within the HSE workspace.
You will be responsible for:
• Implementation and execution of projects to deliver improvement in HSE performance and processes
• Coordinate, develop and deliver HSE Training across New Zealand
• Review of HSE data and identification/development of initiatives to improve the business HSE performance
• Ensure compliance with relevant internal and external standards/legislation through audits, task observations and liaison with other central departments
• Conduct incident investigations and overseeing outcomes as required
• Tender assistance and contractor management support
• Traveling to various locations through-out New Zealand will be required from time-to-time
To be successful you will need to have:
• Minimum 2 – 3 years demonstrated experience working in a dynamic operational environment
• Ability to conduct Risk Assessments and participate in reviews
• Work as part of a team while also working autonomously when required
• Experience in conducting Incident Investigations
• Excellent communication, influencing skills and ability to network
• Project Management skills
• Advanced MS Office functionality
• Familiarity with Incident reporting software packages
• Trainer/Facilitator proven competencies
• First Aid Certificate
• Return to Work Case Management experience
Please note the initial on-boarding process will see the successful applicant based in Penrose, Auckland.
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes for the role, please submit your application by COB 23rd August 2018.