Job no: 497856
Work type: Permanent Full Time
The main purpose of the position is to ensure timely and accurate formulation of profitability of products and customers for the RSP region through costing of BOC’s product portfolio, valuation of inventory, and monthly allocation of costs based on business requirements and standard methodology.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance, you will liaise with multiple teams with a focus on allowing the translation of Product Costing and COPA data to drive productivity and efficiency in addition to enabling key business decisions.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Management and development of the Controlling team by providing support and guidance.
- Provide support to Commercial Finance team with the analysis of Product Costing and Profitability Analysis.
- Completion of all Controlling month end process in accordance to the month end timetable.
- Ensure the integrity of data in Cost Centre Allocations, Product Costing and COPA module in SAP is maintained by best reflecting the business through accurate allocation of costs.
- Understanding and analysis of inventory - inventory movements, bulk road losses, inventory write off/on etc.
- Liaison with General Accounting to ensure all costs are accurate prior to month end Controlling processes.
- Analysis of all internal orders – making sure that both revenue and costs recognition are aligned.
To be successful you will need to have:
- Advanced level MSExcel usage experience
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Proven experience implementing processes with a mindset to challenge the status-quo for improvement
- SAP knowledge (ideally implementation – Finance and/or Controlling module in SAP)
- Excellent work ethic/flexibility – long hours may be required at month end
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience of working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work to a deadline and under pressure
- TM1 knowledge (ideal)
- CIMA, ACA, CPA, MBA (Finance) or other recognised accounting qualification
- Atleast 8 years experience in corporate accounting, reporting or finance roles
- Ideally you will have managed a small team
Here at BOC
BOC is a Member of The Linde Group, a leading global gases and engineering company, which serves customers in more than 100 countries.
We develop safe, sustainable and innovative solutions for customers in many specialty sectors, heavy industry and medical environments.
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities.
We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we've introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend