Operations & Reliability Technician
Job no: 497691
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Darwin Helium is a state of the art helium production plant for BOC. Darwin Helium produces Helium for the world’s market and supplies 100% of Australia’s market.
The primary focus of this challenging role is the continuous safe and reliable operation of the Helium Plant. The plant operates 24 hours/day, 7 days a week.
Your accountabilities in this role will include:
• Work safely in accordance with company policies
• Maintaining safe optimum plant operation and reliability under various plant production modes
• Plant start up and shutdown.
• Liquid Helium container filling.
• Communicating with Feed Gas supplier regularly.
• Meeting production, reliability and maintenance targets.
• Producing production reports, closing work orders, planning maintenance and keeping records as required.
• Issue and monitor PTW tasks and manage contractors appropriately.
• Navigate SAP
The successful candidate will:
• Be comfortable in a processing plant environment.
• Be flexible and able to work as part of a small team
• Display sound judgement in pressure situations and use initiative to solve problems
• Approach change positively, generate improvement ideas and be able to implement these ideas
• Demonstrate good verbal and written communication
• Have the ability to develop valuable relationships with customers
• Have a good mechanical and process aptitude
• Be trade or tertiary qualified.
The successful candidate would ideally have plant operation experience and computer literacy would be an advantage as a number of computer software packages are used on a daily basis.
Furthermore, any potential candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test and be willing to conduct a drug and alcohol test upon request as per the sites random testing requirements.
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we've introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits.
We're also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend