SPW specialises in welding equipment sales, service, repair and hire and is seeking an experienced technician to join their team.
As the Workshop Manager and reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be hands-on, performing repair and maintenance of welding equipment in primarily a workshop based role located at Wacol, Brisbane. You will be required to lead a team of 3 to deliver on business targets and ensure that Customer commitments are met. As SPW is a major supplier of equipment to market, you will be required to engage with and support the broader sales team with their Customer needs.
• Global company that prides itself of having industry leading safety process and culture.
• Preferred warranty repairer for most major brands of welding equipment.
• Current team of experienced technicians.
• Modern workshop facilities.
What you will do:
• Perform repairs on welding equipment such as Inverter , Transformer welding machines and Engine driven welding machines.
• Ensure the quality of repairs by providing feedback to Workshop Management.
• Regularly review repair techniques to ensure repairs are performed effectively and efficiently to contribute to the profitable performance of the workshop, with a focus towards continual improvement.
• Constructively work with other internal staff to ensure the best outcomes for the business
• Actively participate in safety inspections, toolbox meetings, workplace audits and carry out JSA’s where required.
What you will bring:
• The Ability to manage and motivate a workshop team
• Electrical Fitter Licence
• Excellent Safety attitude.
• Proven experience with electronic components
• Digital and Analogue control circuits.
• Component level diagnostics/understanding.
• Demonstrates great electrical and mechanical interpretation skills
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with a strong customer focus.
• Demonstrated ability to Read / Interpret schematic diagrams
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities.
We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
If you have the above skill set and think that this job is for you then apply online now.