Anyone can plan deliveries to customers, right? How about planning to get one truck to two different customers at the same time? What about if your plans were made and then all of a sudden a driver calls in sick? Now what if I told you I want you to do all this and I want it done as cost efficiently as possible … are you still interested?
In the Bulk business (like much road transport) things do not always go to plan. We are looking for someone who can not only put a great plan together and knows transport or logistics, but someone who is resilient enough to re-cut that plan right before they go home because “something came up”.
You won’t be on your own! It is a great team environment and the job can be very satisfying as you will be talking to customers and drivers, managing customer’s stocks and it will be your plan that makes the deliveries happen.
BOC’s Bulk Scheduling Centre (BSC), provides a consistent and systematic approach to delivery planning for our products across Australia and New Zealand. A team role based in North Ryde you will be working with an industry giant making your own unique contribution to the profit and success of Region South Pacific's Logistics Operations.
To provide safe, timely and cost-effective supply of Bulk product (predominantly in road tankers) to our bulk customers in Australia and New Zealand and to ensure high standards of customer service are maintained, at minimum cost.
Your key duties and activities will include:
• Make proactive contact with customers on a regular and structured basis to establish delivery requirements. Strong emphasis to be given to building customer relationships through equalling or exceeding their expectations.
• Plan daily delivery schedules taking immediate customer delivery needs as a base load. Not only does the plan have to meet the customer needs but it needs to be the most efficient and effective use of resources, ie minimum distances and maximum drop sizes.
• Respond positively and quickly to resolve all unforeseen service problems in bulk distribution operations.
• Provide guidance to bulk drivers during their working shift on all queries relating to customer service and the utilisation of unanticipated spare product.
• Manage the telemetry system (with help from the analyst), to ensure that level and rate alarms on customer vessels are managed to protect customer service and efficiency.
• Produce, check and edit as necessary standard weekly performance monitoring reports to assess trends in customer service and cost-efficiency and discuss improvement proposals with Manager
*Hours of work will be between 11am to 7pm*
To be considered for this role, you will have a high level of computer literacy, high analytical aptitude, good attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment. You will have tertiary education or industry accredited studies within logistics, statistics or a similar field or practical working experience within logistics and supply chain, planning or scheduling experience. Transport allocation experience would be preferable but not essential.
You are reliable – When you make a commitment, you will see it through, on time and done to the highest standard