• We are in search for a highly motivated Service Technician who has a keen eye for safety and quality
• This great opportunity allows you to develop a career with a leading global company
• Role based at Preston, Victoria
With ongoing innovation and growth within the industrial gases industry, we have a permanent full time position available for an experienced Service Technician to join our Customer Engineering Services (VIC/TAS) team, based in Preston, Victoria.
Are you a motivated and experienced technician with a strong focus on safety and can offer both an excellent level of quality and customer service in both internal and external environments? Do you enjoy variety in your daily job and serving customers in most industries Victoria has to offer?
The opportunity offers and excellent remuneration package, tools of trade and job facility van. In addition, we will provide in-depth training and support, giving you the confidence to know that all the hard work you put in is backed up by a world class organisation.
Your duties will include;
• Mechanical maintenance of equipment on customer and BOC sites with a focus on medical, industrial, food, scientific and hospitality industries
• Installation and removal of equipment
• Calibration and testing of gas analysers at customer and BOC sites
• Technical support and troubleshooting of equipment
• Refurbishment of Cryogenic and Gas vessels
• Conduct audits and inspection of equipment in line with codes and standards
• Completing planned maintenance and breakdown tasks as required
• Communicating with customers face to face and over the phone
• Work closely with local project management and sales team
Preferred attributes of a successful applicant;
• Experience with industrial gas system maintenance and an ability to run medical and industrial gas pipelines – highly regarded
• Able to work flexible hours and on call on some occasions
• Ability to work unsupervised with customers
• The ability to handle stressful situations autonomously
• Good communication skills as you will be required to maintain customer relationships
• Good iPad/iPhone/computer skills
• Maintenance or project installation experience
• Refrigeration experience – highly regarded but not essential
• Instrumentation experience – highly regarded but not essential
Qualifications / Licences required:
• A white card or equivalent general construction induction
• Trade qualifications within Mechanical or Instrumentation (with demonstrated Mechanical experience) trades
• Restricted Electrical Work License (REWL) Class 1 or 2 (highly regarded but not essential)
• Gas-fitting (Natural gas / LPG) license (highly regarded but not essential)
• An unrestricted drivers licence
• Forklift license (highly regarded but not essential)
We’re known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that’s why we’ve introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Please submit your application by COB, 9th April 2018, as applications close after this time.