We are looking for a strong technical Accountant to step into a team leader role. With a hands-on approach you will share your knowledge in leading a team of three to provide day-to-day transactional accounting support for general ledger activities, monthly reporting and reconciliation and statutory accounting to delivery on the agreed financial, business and operational goals. You will be part of a supportive and encouraging Transactional Accounting team based at North Ryde.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
• Preparation of monthly reconciliation, timely follow-up and clearance of open items
• Review general accounts reconciliations prepared by team members
• Statutory accounts preparation and consolidation
• Preparation and submission of accounting journals and adjustments
• Working with key finance teams to complete budget submissions
• Working with local businesses to implement process improvements
• Liaise with outsourced finance team in Manila to resolve any queries and complete end-of-month reporting
• Management of key stakeholders to resolve enquiries in a timely manner
• Provide technical guidance and support to key stakeholders and wider business
• Provide support to the broader finance initiatives and programs
• Liaise with and provide support to the operational staff
The Successful Candidate
Your strong accounting experience in particular with Statutory Accounting combined with an ability to converse with people of all levels, together with your solutions orientated approach, will set you above the competition.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Strong knowledge of SAP ECC6 (mandatory)
• Intermediate Microsoft Suite Office (Excel)
• Demonstrated experience managing a small team
• Ability to interact with both finance and non-finance people
• Strong time management
• Accounting Qualifications CA/CPA mandatory (3 – 5 years)
• 5 years’ commercial experience within the relevant areas, ideally in a global business
• Experience within a multi-national corporation or businesses with complex group structures
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we've introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits.
We're also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?