HSE Manager - WA
Job no: 497527
Work type: Permanent Full Time
We have a unique opportunity available for a highly skilled Health, Safety & Environment Manager, with multi-site operational/manufacturing experience to join the team at BOC in Canning Vale. Your passion, consultative and engaging approach coupled with your demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement and instil a strong safety culture will be critical.
Reporting directly to the Zone Production Manager, you will:
• Support the business' strategy for overall Safety, Health and Environment for WA, across multiple business functions.
• Drive the development and improvement of the organisation's safety processes and systems
• Actively engage the key stakeholders in the business and respond to their safety needs
• Conduct safety reporting, analyse data and implement corrective action
• Act as an expert resource on all safety matters
• Engage State authorities on relevant matters including Dangerous Goods and Major Hazard Facility issues
• Regularly conduct and lead on-site risk assessments and site safety inspections
• Assist with Workers Compensation and Insurance matters as appropriate
• Promote awareness of HSE practices to both internal and external customers on a regular basis
• Drive and promote a strong safety culture
• Coach, persuade and influence through engagement to set and enforce safety standards and targets
The Successful Candidate
Your previous experience, ability to converse with people of all levels, together with your attention to detail and solution orientated approach, will set you above the competition. In addition you will have:
• A proven background at a senior level in HSE management, systems and policy
• Full understanding and interpretation of OHS/HSE legislation
• Possess outstanding communication and written skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills - enjoy working in partnership with people to achieve results
• Excellent time management skills
• Previous experience with Dangerous Good or MHF Legislation would be will regarded.
• Tertiary qualification in a relevant Health and Safety discipline
• State (e.g. WA) return to work co-ordinator accreditation
In return for your expertise, we can offer the successful applicant an excellent salary package and incentive scheme along with all the tools of the trade to help you be successful in this position.
We’re known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that’s why we’ve introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits. We’re also firmly in the driver’s seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend