Are you a highly skilled and experienced Maintenance Fitter with an excellent level of quality and productivity as well as a strong understanding of safety in a high-risk environment? This exciting opportunity will see you working in a high performing team based in Lutana, TAS.
The Maintenance Fitter will be responsible for the maintenance and condition monitoring of plant equipment to ensure the efficiency of gas production and gas cylinder filling onsite. You will also assist with minor and major projects to enable production teams to continue to meet demand.
This opportunity offers an excellent remuneration package and incentive scheme. In addition, you will be provided with in-depth training and support, giving you the confidence to know that all the hard work you put in is backed up by a world class organisation.
Your duties will include;
• Conducting maintenance work in a safe, cost effective and timely manner
• Supporting team leaders and production staff to achieve production targets
• Reducing breakdowns and repeat failures
• Administration duties
• Monitoring of outputs and agreed targets
• Support operation of continuous process plant
To be successful in this position you will have;
• Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a maintenance fitter
• Trade qualifications within fitting
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Able to perform a Risk Assessment on a Task
• Experience working within "Permits to Work"
• Specific maintenance experience in the gas industry
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both autonomously and within a small team
• Experience working with compressors and pumps (preferred but not essential)
• SAP Maintenance experience (preferred)
• Available for rotating on call rosters when needed
• Experience with continuous process plants an advantage
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we've introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits.
We're also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?