Job no: 497491
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: NSW - Other
Due to movement within BOC Operations Team, an exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Production Engineer to join the team based at Port Kembla.
Reporting to the QLD/NSW Operations Manager, your key responsibilities are to support the operation of the Air Separation and Carbon Dioxide plants on a 24/7 basis to supply our products safety, cost effectively and within quality specifications. You will achieve this by developing technical and operational activities as well as giving support to manage a team of multi-skilled personnel.
Working in a continuous process manufacturing facility your key accountabilities and responsibilities includes:
• Implementation of safety and operational initiatives
• Ensure compliance with Licenses and Management Systems
• Plant availability and reliability
• Production efficiencies and costs
• Supply continuity
• Stock quality/availability
• Plant and process troubleshooting
• Identification and implementation of continuous improvement projects
Required to be successful in the role
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
• Proven project management and organisational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel
• Train the trainer
• Safety – induction, AEO, work permit, confined space entry, first aid, oxygen compatibility, emergency response, fire training
• Defensive Driving
• Incident notification/investigation
BOC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and men of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
We’re known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that’s why we’ve introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits. We’re also firmly in the driver’s seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend