To complete the BOC Darwin based operations team we are seeking a Maintenance & Reliability Lead for our Helium plant.
In this role, you will be challenged: we will stretch your capabilities but also give you opportunities to grow and expand. We will introduce you to a state of the art facility and ensure that you have all the tools and resources you need to be safe. We will encourage you to use your initiative and come to us with ideas on how to improve process & equipment and we will recognize your contributions.
This is a key and challenging role with the primary focus of providing a professional maintenance support function ensuring safe and efficient operation of the plants as well as continually improve plant reliability.
You will be responsible for:
• Providing professional maintenance planning and execution of the plant maintenance strategy to ensure the safe, reliable and cost effective operation of the plant.
• Lead the preventative and corrective maintenance planning, scheduling and execution for the plant. Including shutdown maintenance. (SAP)
• Lead and work safely in accordance with company policies and practices.
• Develop and implement best maintenance practices and standards across the site;
• Training of maintenance staff such as new operators and contractors.
• Participating in plant operation and monitoring to optimize production and reliability when required.
• Work closely with the national reliability team to establish the highest standards of plant reliability;
• Contractor supervision and cost control to meet annual budgets.
• Supervision of contractors for specialized and major maintenance;
• Continuous improvement striving for maintenance excellence in the plant.
We are looking for people with:
• A mechanical, electrical or instrument trade qualification or similar engineering degree;
• High level of Technical Competency in maintenance work management systems including prioritization, planning, scheduling, execution, breakdowns, materials management and spares management.
• Able to Demonstrate experience in maintenance roles preferably from a continuous process industry;
• Ability to work both autonomously and as a member of a team;
• Strong leadership and good communication skills;
• Highly developed work ethic who will fit in easily with our small team.
• Analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety.
The Reliability Lead position may require you to undertake travel to various plants and remotely maintain relationships to ensure effective outcomes. There will also be the requirement to participate in the on-call roster.
We're known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we've introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits.
We're also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?