Job no: 497178
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Due to movement within our Sydney business, an exciting opportunity has become available for a motivated and experienced Supply Officer to join our high performing Procurement team in Eastern Creek, NSW. You will be responsible for managing the South Pacific Purchasing for the Imports area of the business.
The opportunity offers an excellent remuneration package, incentive scheme and business tools. In addition, we will provide in-depth training and support, giving you the confidence to know that all the hard work you put in is backed up by a world class organisation.
Your duties will include:
• Supporting the business, mainly procurement buyers and supply chain with effective purchasing of Hardgoods and Spare Parts for our retail and production stores and Warehouses across Australia & New Zealand.
• Liaise with import agents to ensure timely delivery of Air & Sea shipments
• Managing and monitoring import open order reports
• Assist & support offshore processing team (LGSM) with local procurement operational tasks
• Resolving Purchase Order and invoice discrepancies and credit claims
• Liaising with key suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
• Ongoing review, maintenance and updating of catalogued items
• Assist with enforcing contract compliance
• Supporting Operational Buyers with data collection, reporting and analysis of Purchase Order History and spend.
• Be the key local interface between the MM, sourcing and Vendor Data teams and the Wider Procurement Sector Team
To be successful in this position you will have:
Your previous experience, ability to converse with people of all levels, together with your attention to detail and solution orientated approach, will set you above the competition. In addition, you will have:
• A background in purchasing (Essential)
• Good computer skills, Word, Excel and Outlook
• SAP Experience
• Excellent communication
• Sound time management skills
• A proven ability to work autonomously
We’re known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services. And we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that’s why we’ve introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits. We’re also firmly in the driver’s seat when it comes to charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
So what are you waiting for? The opportunity is yours. Are you ready to take the lead?
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend